Things I wish I knew at 18
1. One day, your joints will ache and you days will be boring. Go run swim and yoga and cycle before you don’t get the option to.
2. Being lazy is alright. But being lazy isn’t the best. Get to work on whatever you wanted to do yesterday.
3. You will one day look back on this period of your life with violent nostalgia. Don’t sell this part of your life for 3500 a month.
4. Bug repellant only works, at most, sometimes.
5. School and work is a series of hard deadlines, and hard deadlines will always be met. You owe it to your long-term self to take a break and spend time on the people that you claim to care about.
6. You are going to try on a couple personalities to see which one fits right. This might mean losing friends and acting up from time to time. Get used to the fact that you are going to be in the wrong, and it won’t be because someone made you do it.
7. Embarrassing yourself is a necessary risk when searching for your next great story to tell.
8. Turn off your engine when you are parked. The environment has enough to deal with.
9. You are 21, not 31. If you had any stupid ideas, now is the time to get them out of your system.
10. Just because it hasn’t happened to you, doesn’t mean that it hasn’t happened. Be compassionate and hear them out.
11. Most of what you buy is going to be in a landfill someday. More often than not, money that is spent on moments will go much farther in making you happy over the long run.
12. You’d be surprised at the amount of thing you have in common with the people that you put on a pedestal, as well as the people that you talk shit about.
13. Some are in it for the money and some are in it for themselves. Take the time to figure out which one you are working for, because either can be the elephant in many of the rooms that you enter.
14. You are going to create a lot of bad content before you start to create a lot of mediocre content. After that is up to you.
15. It s not your job to save people. You are here to do your best.
16. If you are going to fail at something, don’t let it be because you didn’t try.
17. You can do everything right, and they still won’t like you. They don’t owe you anything, so recognize when you need to cut your losses.